Thursday 13 August 2015

Banky W A history of the R&B star’s love affair with rap


Banky WThis stimulating decision of Mr W to infuse R&B music with rap has had many debating on whether it’s time he drops a mixtape.

On his most recently released song, ‘High notes’, Banky W threw in an artistic twist, he didn’t just sing, but also rapped on the track. This stimulating decision of Mr W has had many debating on social media whether it’s time he drops a mixtape.
This is not the first time the R&B singer has done this. Pulse Music explores a history of his passion for rap. 

December, 2011
It all started in 2011 when he premiered ‘Low key’ from the #R&BW album. On the Sarz produced beat, Banky decided to share his hidden talent with the world. 


On set of 'High notes' video shoot.  On set of 'High notes' video shoot.

December, 2011
It all started in 2011 when he premiered ‘Low key’ from the #R&BW album. On the Sarz produced beat, Banky decided to share his hidden talent with the world.
January, 2013
Mr W jumped on the remix of L.O.S's ‘Bad guy p’ which featured rap heavy weight Sarkordie. Banky had the opening verse on this song.
I’m not even a rapper though ...
Baddest boss on a bad guy p,
I’m the bomb, yup, that kind thing,
Yeah, that why these little lames wanna back bite me,
Cause they wishing they will be seeing all the cash I see,
Me no send them, me no give a blood clot,
They call the popo, me I only call shots,
If they play nice, I might sign them Walclott", he raps.
March, 2013
Banky W tweets about getting comfortable with his rap voice and the possibility of him dropping a mixtape titled "I'm not even a rapper though".

No comments:

Post a Comment